Google Assistant is the personal assistant by Google which is available on many Flagship Smartphones like Pixel, Pixel XL. But now Google have rolled out the Google Assistant for every Android Smartphones running on Android M and Android N 7.0. But you need not wait, you can now get the Google Assistant on your Smartphone if it runs on Android Marshmallow or Android Nougat.This process does not require any root access of your device. You can enable the Google Assistant on your phone by following the below-mentioned steps.
How to get Google Assistant on any Android Smartphone
- First of all, you need to have Android device running on the Android M 6.0 or Android N 7.0. This the is basic requirement as Assistant is not supported on Android lollipop or below version services.
- Now make sure you have the latest version of Google play service. Make sure your Google play service version is 10.2.98 or above. If not update the App from Google play store or download and install from the given link.
- Similarly, make sure your Google App version is 18.104.22.168 or above. Else update your Google App from Play store or download and install from the given link.
- Now here comes the important part. Change your language to English ( United States). To change it go to settings> Language & Input and change the language to English US.
- Now clear the Cache and data of both Google Play service and Google App. To do it go to Settings> Apps. Select the App and clear the both Cache and data.
- Now you can launch the Google Assistant on your Smartphone by long pressing the Home screen. If you still get the Google Now instead of Google Assistant, don’t worry just close all background running Apps and try again.
Also Check: Huawei EMUI 5.0 Android N tips & tricks
So by following the simple above mentioned steps, you can enable the Google Assistant on your Android Smartphone. I have tried this method on Huawei P9 ( running Android N), Asus Zenfone 3 Max ( running Android N) and Asus Zenfone Max ( running Android M). I could successfully install Google Assistant on all these three devices by following these steps. If you find any difficulty to get Assistant on your phone then please leave them in the comment below. If you find this tutorial helpful then please share it with your friends. For more How-to’s and tutorial follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Pinterest.