Google recently released the developer preview of Android O. Here is the tutorial and steps on how to install the Android O developer preview on your Smartphone. As of now, the developer preview is available for Pixel, Pixel XL, Pixel C, Nexus Player, Nexus 5X and the Nexus 6P devices. If you are the owner of any of these smartphones then you can follow the below-mentioned steps and install the Android O on your Smartphone. This initial developer preview may contain many bugs so think twice before you want to try it. Please note this tutorial is only for Nexus and Pixel devices and we will soon post the tutorial for other Smartphone users.
Android O Supported Smartphones
- Google Pixel
- Google Pixel XL
- Google Pixel C
- Nexus player
- Nexus 5X
- Nexus 6P
How to Install Android O developer preview?
Note: Before proceeding with the tutorial make sure to back up the device as your data will be erased. Also, follow these steps at your own risk!
- First of all, you need to enable the USB debugging option on your Smartphone. To do it, go to settings> About page and tap the build number for 7 times. You will get a small pop up saying You are now a developer.
- Now go to Settings> Developer options and enable the USB debugging option.
- Now download and install the Android Debug Bridge on your PC.
- Next, on your PC right click the MY computer > Properties and select the Advanced System Settings.
- In the Advanced System settings choose System Properties > Advanced > Environment Variables. Now select path and Click on edit and enter the name of the directory where you installed the SDK.
- Else, skip the Step 3,4 and 5. Download and install ADB and fast boot systemwide from the given link.
- Now go to the fast boot mode on your mobile. To do it, poweroff your phone, press and hold the power+volume buttons together until you get the logo screen.
- Now connect your phone to the PC where you have installed the ADB using the USB cable. Next, open comment prompt on your PC and type the bellow mentioned code. If it shows the serial number of your phone then you are safely connected.
9. Now unlock the bootloader by typing the code given below and following the steps shown on your phone.
fastboot oem unlock
10. Finally, reboot the device by typing the following code in the comment prompt.
11. After unlocking the bootloader, you need to Flash the device with the image file. Download the Fast Boot Flash image from here which suits your phone.
Now reboot your device fast boot and connect your Smartphone to the PC by following steps 7 & 8.
12. Now extract the downloaded file and open the flash-all.bat file on your windows PC.
13. Once opening that file, you will see that your phone is being flashed with all required files.