Google have been continuously testing out the Google Chrome Dark Mode on MacOS, Windows and Android phones as well. The dark mode makes the display black in color thus making it comfortable for you to read and saving battery as well. In case if you want to enable dark mode on Google Chrome or want to disable Dark mode then here is the guide for you follow.
Enable / Disable Dark Mode in Google Chrome [MacOS]
- Before, proceeding any further make sure you have the latest version of Google Chrome installed on your MacBook, MacBook Air or any MacOS system. You can check if your chrome Application is up to date by heading to App Store > Updates. At the updates window, you can see every Application that has an update.
- Now, Open System Preferences on your MacOS. You can open System Preferences in many different ways. Simply click on the little Apple icon on the top left corner of the screen and select System Preferences. Also, you can access it from your shortcut dock. If you new to MacOS check out some of the MacBook Air tips and tricks.
- In the System Preferences window, select the General option.
- Now, change the Appearance mode. Select the Dark mode.
- Once, the dark mode is select you can see that Google Chrome also changes to Dark mode. If you did not notice any change then kindly restart the Application.
- Similarly, you can disable the dark mode by changing to light option in the Appearance mode selection.
Enable / Disable Dark Mode in Google Chrome [windows]
- To enable dark mode Google Chrome in Windows OS, Go to setting on your Windows OS.
- In the Colors tab, there will be an option to select “Default App Mode”.
- In default App mode setting select Dark mode to get Dark mode on your Google Chrome.
- Vice Versa, you can disable Dark mode by selecting light option.
Enable / Disable Dark Mode in Google Chrome [Android Phone]
- To get Dark mode Google Chrome on Android phone, your device must run on Android 9 Pie OS.
- Go to settings and unlock Developers option.
- Once developers option is enabled, select Night Mode and choose Always On option.
- Once this option is enabled you can see the Dark mode is available on Google Chrome and other Google Apps as well.