Instagram rolled out the Instagram Reels, a short video platform similar to TikTok in India. The Instagram Reels is available in selected countries and will be available to Indian users starting today. As TikTok is banned in India, Instagram decided to launch it in India to take on a larger audience. The Instagram Reels allows the users to create short videos similar to TikTok with music and effects. Here is the tutorial on how to use Instagram Reels and create videos similar to TikTok. The Instagram Reels is still in the testing phase and expected to get the public rollout soon.
How to use Instagram Reels?
- You can get the Instagram Reels if you are a beta tester by updating Instagram in Playstore or Apple App store.
- The Instagram Reels can be accessed by swiping right on the Instagram homepage or by tapping on the camera icon on the top left corner.
- once you click the camera icon, move to the Reels tab next to the story tab.
- Now, you can choose the music you want to create the video from the music library. Or you can also tab on the ‘Use Audio’ option on other’s Reels video similar to TikTok.
- The video can be recorded by holding the record video icon at the bottom. You can even set the timer to start recording for hands-free recording.
- The video recording can be paused and resumed by taping the record icon similar to TikTok.
- The Speed icon can be used to record the video in Slow motion or fast forward the video playback speed.
- The Effects options allow you to browse multiple effects available in Instagram and use it in your Reels video.
- Once the video is ready, you can tap on the next icon. Here you can save the video, add text or stickers to the video. Once you are done, click on the next icon.
- Now, you can enter the caption and the Hashtag for your Instagram Reels Video and share it as status or Reels video. The videos can be accessed from the Reels tab of your profile.